Cute votives are priceyyy. I didn't want to spend several hundred on votives for my centerpieces when I knew they would only be used for a few hours anyway, so I decided to do up my own! They were super simple to do. If you're interested in what I did, check out the instructions below.
1. Cut your ribbon for the votives. (I wrapped the ribbon around the votive and cut one piece, then used that as a template for the length of the rest.)
2. Use a tape runner (usually a scrapbooking tool) to apply adhesive to the back of each ribbon - be sure to get the ENTIRE length of the ribbon.
3. Wrap the ribbon around the votive - I used the candle as a guide to keep it straight.
3. Hot glue a gem over where the seams meet.
4. Let the glue cool and You're Done! See, super easy!
I've also had people ask for a cost breakdown. Here is that information for you:
8 dozen votives (Hobby Lobby with coupons): $28.75 (3.59/dozen)
Green Ribbon (2 spools, 20 yds total, Joanns): $1.00
Silver Ribbon (4 spools, 20 yds total, Joanns): $5.16
Gems (Wal-mart): $4.96
Adhesize (2 packs of 4, Wal-mart): $5.00
Hot Glue: had on hand
TOTAL: $41.87 (.44 cents each)